Baking Manager Val Yeager made some these Macadamia Nut Rum Balls for our team a few weeks ago and they were a hit! They are quick to put together and perfect for the holiday reason. Keep reading for the recipe!
Macadamia Nut Rum Balls
2 1/2 cups of crushed Vanilla wafers
1 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
3 tablespoons of coconut nectar
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of Maui Gold rum
1. Place vanilla wafers in a large zip lock bag and seal. Use a rolling pin to crush.
2. Mix in chopped nuts and powdered sugar.
3. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or place in microwave for two minutes.
4. Add in coconut nectar and rum. Mix until chocolate is thinned. Pour into dry mixture.
5. Stir until all dry ingredients are mixed.
6. Let stand for about one hour.
7. Pour powdered sugar in a bowl. Dust your hands with powdered sugar.
8. Using a spoon, take a small amount and roll in your hands.
9. Keep dusting your hands with the sugar to avoid having the mix stick to your hands.
10. Place molded balls in the bowl of powdered sugar and roll around until coated.
11. Place Rum Balls in a festive tin for the holidays.
To see more of Val’s recipes, visit her YouTube channel.